Monday, March 22, 2010

Well There Went That Idea


So I did a workout yesterday with my over-zealous workout buddy that is just way too chipper to be at the gym.  You kind of want to not like her, but it’s hard.  It was a mistake on my part since my chest cold doesn’t seem to be getting any better and the whopping 5 minutes I spent on the elliptical machine gave me a one-way pass to the ladies room to cough up my lungs.  We did a short circuit routine and ended up leaving before our workout was over because we didn’t realize she had to be at work within in the hour.  I was ready to go after walking up the flight of stairs.

I came home, cleaned up the house a little bit and fought the urge to face-plant on my couch.  I did feel better, having done a short, yet hard workout and as I laid in my bed last night, I planned out my day ahead.  I gave myself a great pep talk on how “enough is enough” and its time I tackle this cold head on and my lack of motivation. 

I’ll wake up, pack my son’s lunch, send him off to school, eat a healthy breakfast and go tackle my workout.  Excellent plan! 

It’s now after 2 o’clock in the afternoon and the only thing productive I have done today is load my dishwasher and make a pot of coffee.  Somehow I managed to fall back asleep on my couch after sending my son off to school. 

I think this cold is getting in the way of me doing anything remotely constructive.  My energy has been completely zapped.  I’m now on my 3rd episode of Little House on the Prairie (no, this isn’t the one where “Mary goes blind”.)  And my ass hasn’t moved any further than my back patio.  It’s absolutely beautiful outside and yet it is a struggle to move one foot in front of the other.  My head feels like it’s detached and I’m wading through this thick fog.  And my ears, well I have this permanent echo in my head when I talk.  My sister called me earlier and as I was saying “OH NOTHING JUST WOKE UP”, she asked me why I was yelling. 

I took an energy-booster pill, which is technically only supposed to be used prior to a workout, hoping it would fuel me to at least go on a walk.  Now I’m just a jacked up sick person who is shaking uncontrollably and can’t focus.

I’m almost as good at being sick as I am at exercising.  I detest it actually.  Not that most people enjoy being sick, I don’t know of anyone any one that actually says “Oh thank God!  I thought I was never going to feel like shit!”  I’ve been taking anything and everything under the sun to try to nip it.  I’ve even tried sticking to the adage “Feed a cold, starve a fever”.  But when I eat, everything tastes like I’ve placed large metal objects in my mouth.

I guess I’m going to have to suck it up and make a donation to the local Doc in the Box.  I prefer to say I’m donating since forking out $175 to some schmuck in a white coat that only spends less than 5 minutes in the room with me to tell me “Yep, you have a cold, drink some fluids and get some rest” hardly seems like my money was well spent.  This way, if I’m donating, I’d like to think it’s going to a good cause – like maybe purchasing him a clue.

I’m crabby. 

I really should find something to occupy myself.  I thought about going to Wally World to purchase some pork chops for dinner, but I’m afraid that in my state of mind I might accidentally slap someone.  I should wear my special made “Please don’t piss off the Mommy” sign.  I wonder if I could fit my sons pellet gun in my purse just as a precaution?

I need another nap.  Pork chops will have to wait.


2 comments:

  1. Do you have that tshirt? If so, I want to get one stat for one of my girlfriends. She would LOVE that shirt!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails