Friday, August 13, 2010

A Single Dad, A Single Mom, A Mean Girl and A Blonde Walk Into a Bar ...


I am supposed to be cleaning out my guest bedroom to make way for a new house guest in the coming weeks, however my motivation is missing, my willingness to even try to rearrange stuff is gone as well and somehow, someway, upon realizing that I have shit in the spare closet that I don’t ever remember purchasing; my ‘can-do’ attitude has morphed into ‘fuck this, where’s my beer?’  Not setting a good example for the free loader, I know.  But it’s Friday the 13th and I’m just not feelin’ it today. 

So, in lieu of my laziness, I’m going to blog about … blogs.  Eh?  Wait, it’s not boring, don’t freak out on me.  I’ve been seeing a lot of “Bloggy Awards” and such by other bloggers lately.  Of course, my blog isn’t on there because, well let’s face it, I have 37 followers which means I only have about 4 readers and quite frankly my blog isn’t really the “Go-To” Blog for peeps if they want attention or if they want to get noticed.  That, and I’m not really a ‘feel good’ kind of blog, and I doubt there is going to be an award out there lately for “Best Bitch”.  And no, I don’t want an award. 

Anyhow … I’m kind of giddy because I’ve run across some funny, relatable blogs lately and I’m a sharer not a taker and just thought I would give a High Five to these peeps because, well, had I not read their entries this week, I undoubtedly would be in a much fouler mood than I am now. 

Sorry, I didn’t make a cute picture or mold a trophy for them – you will just have to take my word for it – if you have a sense of humor and enjoy a good, unexpected L-O-L moment, these are the blogs for you:


1)   Single Dad Laughing – HILARIOUS!  No, not because he’s a single dad, but because his son is effing adorable and I recently learned that I’m not the only one that used to act like a mad person while driving; doing everything but standing on my head to get my kid to NOT fall asleep.  He sings “Down By The Bay” and he’s had real Chinese food with dog fur and everything!

2)   1,000 Reasons I’m a Crap Mom – LOVE. HER. PERIOD.  Please, please, please do yourself a favor and go read her stuff.  I found her through Mean Girl Garage (whom you should probably read as well, since she IS the nicest mean girl I’ve ever met).  Anyway – Craptastic Mom blogs about letting her boy play with plastic bottles of Coke and sour cream tubs – cheap and efficient!  My kid played with Tampax.

3)   A Vapid Blonde – Personally, I’m a brunette and try not to support the blondes (I mean that in a nice way) but she’s THE exception.  Her refrigerator is gay AND German, which is super cool!  Oh, and she’s a fantastic writer.

That’s it.  I have now officially encouraged all of you to stop reading my blog and go read other people who apparently know what they are doing.  Really.  Laughter is so absolutely important (in my life) and they make me laugh.  HARD. 


3 comments:

  1. Haha, just because you are so effing awesome, I'm going to post the best bitch blog for you whether you want it or not. Haha.

    Thanks so much for the post!! I really love your blog. I'm glad I can be one of your four. :)

    Single Dad Laughing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that, lady! I am honoured!

    That said, you forgot to mention the part where I let my kid chew the cat's toys. I nearly got arrested for it!

    Anything for my art, I say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Single Dad: No, no-no - not necessary. I'm just glad one of my four actually comments!

    Ofthesea: As you should be! YOUR BLOG ROCKS! Sorry about leaving out the cat toys. My bad.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails